Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Day 30 Welcome to NY


Total Miles today - 178 miles

OK so last night we ended about 50 miles further than where we started the day. We headed south to visit our friend and then turned back around to head north for upper NY.  Tomorrow we visit family, so today we wandered upper Pennsylvania and NY along Lake Erie. We have now officially seen 4 of the 5 Great Lakes.

There are some amazing farms and vineyards up here… I don’t
think people associate NY and Penn as having a lot of open, beautiful land.  Many of the vineyards are right on the lake.  I know I was surprised that a place that has such cold winters would make a good place to grow grapes. Who knew?

As I posted on Facebook earlier, we tripped across the Seneca Nation and noticed fuel prices were very low ($2.59/gal vs $3.19) so we filled up. As we were heading down the road we ran across the Nation Pride Travel Center that included a smoke shop with a walk-in humidor. WOW it was the largest selection of high quality cigars that I’ve seen and very low prices.  It was quite an experience.

We also stopped at a picturesque rest stop along the coast of Lake Erie … what a view.  I’ll make sure I post some photos for your pleasure.

This will be posted a day late since I can’t seem to connect but as soon as I do I’ll get this up and running. All is working well so far and we are really getting to enjoy the trip now. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment